Choosing a doctor is one of the most important decisions you’ll make about your health care. Finding the right one can take a little work, but is well worth it. If you’ve already had your first visit with a primary care doctor under your new plan, ask yourself these 5 questions to make sure your doctor is the right one for you:
- Did you feel the doctor cared about your health and about you as a person?
- Did the doctor listen to you and address your needs?
- Did the doctor use words you could understand and talk to you in a way that made you feel comfortable?
- Was he or she respectful of your opinions, culture, and beliefs?
- Did you feel like you could ask questions at the appointment or call the doctor later with questions?